Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve!

This year for Christmas Eve The Verl McCleve's were in charge! They did a good job and put together a fun program. Instead of having the kids act out the Nativity, they had the adults do it. They gave them little signs to wear to say who they were. In different parts of the nativity we would sing a song. A few stories were shared and then we did the cousin gift exchange, Jessica M. gave me a nice, soft micro plush blanket and a big candy bar! Afterwards we were able to talk for a while which was really great!

All of the Nativity "actors"

We had a few musical numbers where chimes were played

Uncle John, Sarah, Chantelle, Joseph, Me, Dad (Lenard)
We are all "babies" (the last child) in our families.:)

Dallin, Emily, Chantelle, David L., David V., Joseph, Sarah, Ashley, and Felicia
We all had a good time visiting and being together for Christmas Eve

After the Christmas program we came home and I was able to open my Chapple family drawing gift. Stephanie had me and gave me a very nice frame and a Wallflower, I am so excited to use it. Since we didn't have anyone here for Christmas this year, they are all coming after Christmas. My mom and I enjoyed watching a movie and relaxing. We watched "Facing the Giants" it was a very good movie and I would recommend it!

5 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

I'm glad I didn't have to be a Wise Guy. That would be too hard! :) Fun post, Ashley.

France said...

Wish we could have been there. Sounds like a fun program. Thanks for posting so many pictures. It was fun seeing who was there. Lashelle

Amy said...

Yeah! That was awesome to read about how the night went. It brings back good memories. I love the twist of having the adults do the nativity. I was cracking up at my dad's name on his forehead. He is such a cheeseball-fruitcake. Love him. Thanks so much for posting this!

According to Allee said...

ASHLEY!! I was just looking at some comments on my blogspot and I saw that you had one too!!!! AWESOME!! So how ya doing??

Maria said...

Wish we could have been there! Sounds fun!