Christmas went really good this year and was a little different. No one came home for Christmas this year so it was just my parents and I. I didn't think I would like it very much but it was very relaxing and a fun day. I was able to sleep in and then when my Dad got back from work we opened gifts. I got new Quad Scriptures with a button snap. I love them. My scriptures from when I turned 8 are falling apart and I was still using my seminary scriptures which are really not looking good so it will be nice to have a fresh start on my scripture marking and reading. I also got a gift certificate to turn my blog into a book, which I am excited to do! My mom also made me a nice big fleece blanket and the fleece looks like a quilt. I got some new clothes, jewelry and then some other little things. We were able to just do what we wanted. My mom put a puzzle together and I was able to start doing my blog into a book. The day went good. Then After Christmas everyone decided to come so we had lots of people at our house. Shirley and Joy brought the kids down so that Shirley could go home for a few days to get things done. A day later Scott, Heather and their family came for awhile. Kevin, Merica and their family came also for a few days. It was fun to have them all. We had a good time playing games, eating, talking and celebrating birthdays. Kevin introduced us to a new game called "San Juan" It is a card game and it is a lot of fun. Merica had her birthday while she was at our house so we did a little party and had brownies. Then Kate had her birthday and Heather threw a nice Princess party together for her and made a really cool castle cake. Shirley let her kid’s bring the Wii so we had many hours of fun playing Mario kart. Especially McKay and Douglas, they played it for a long time and they were so cute to watch play. Megan and Sarah both got new cameras for Christmas so of course we had fun taking lots of pictures. One night we painted our nails and watched the movie "My Girl" and ate muddy buddies. It was good to spend some time with my family again since I don't get to see them as much while I am in Idaho. My New Year’s wasn't anything to celebrate. I woke up New Years Eve day feeling awful. So I went and laid down the whole day. Nothing would stay down and my stomach hurt so bad. My whole body ached and every muscle was sore so it took a lot of energy to even move. I mostly slept; I even slept right through the New Year. Hopefully next year's New Years Eve will be more eventful! I am excited for this New Year though! I came back up to school and was able to stay a night with Ryan and Heather again. We had fun playing another new game that Ryan introduced me too. It was called "Guillotine" It is also a card came and really fun. We had some yummy food, watched some Brian Reagan and then we got to go and give Makenzie a bath. She is now 5 pounds 5 oz. She is so cute and it was fun to watch them give her a bath. It will be so exciting when they can bring her home. When we came back home we finished the Brian Reagan video, which was really funny. Then we headed to bed. The next morning my ride and I headed back up to Rexburg. Luckily it was a nice sunny day and the roads were good the whole way up! Rexburg sure has a lot of snow though. Sometimes I feel like I am in a tunnel because the sides of the roads have so much snow piled on the sides. I started my first day of classes and I am excited for my classes. I will go into detail on that later. Bye for now and HAPPY NEW YEAR! And now lots of pictures:
Our "2009" painted nails, Sarah peeled us lots of oranges, Olivia, Some of the grand kids playing leapsters. (Douglas's smile makes me laugh when he does that)
Playing the Wii
Some of the games we played!
We had a lot of fun taking pictures everyday!
Megan, Sarah and Aunt Ashley
Sarah doing a flip with my 16 shot continuous feature!
Merica on her birthday with one of her gifts!
Everyone at Kate's birthday party
Playing a game at the party...stick the kiss on the Frog, it was fun:)
I loved reading all about your Christmas holiday. Different isn't always bad, is it? Sometimes you find out you like it even better than what you usually do. :) It's fun when everyone is together, but it is also relaxing doing whatever you want to do with no pressures. Sorry you got sick for New Year's Eve. Have a wonderful 2009!
Wow, I loved looking at all of the collages of pictures. Sarah's back flip was impressive. The princess cake was beautiful. And I'm glad you had such a good Christmas "break". I look forward to hopefully seeing you in May so we can take lots of pictures! :) Love ya!
What program are you using to make your blog a book? I need to do that too... Sorry you had a bummer New Years eve! It is way over-rated anyway. ;) Glad you had a fun Christmas break. I'll bet your parents miss having you around.
well it is kinda a long story! Originally I was going to use blurb.com, you download a program and then it uploads your blog into it and then your move things around the way you like it and then print it. But sadly something happened with the codes or something so now blurb.com can't recognize blogger.com codes so it doesn't support blogger anymore. They are currently trying to fix it. SO I researched other places. I found a few but they just aren't really what I want. So I am hoping to just wait it out until Blurb fixes the problem, so we will see. I downloaded blurb's program and I have just been copying and pasting everything in to the templates, it works but it just takes a lot longer! Hopefully I can get everything all figured out eventually! Let me know what you end up doing!
5 comments:
I loved reading all about your Christmas holiday. Different isn't always bad, is it? Sometimes you find out you like it even better than what you usually do. :) It's fun when everyone is together, but it is also relaxing doing whatever you want to do with no pressures. Sorry you got sick for New Year's Eve. Have a wonderful 2009!
Wow, I loved looking at all of the collages of pictures. Sarah's back flip was impressive. The princess cake was beautiful. And I'm glad you had such a good Christmas "break". I look forward to hopefully seeing you in May so we can take lots of pictures! :) Love ya!
Yep we had a great Christmas break, it just wasn't long enough! I enjoyed reading what you wrote and the pictures. I like your "new" Blog look.
What program are you using to make your blog a book? I need to do that too...
Sorry you had a bummer New Years eve! It is way over-rated anyway. ;) Glad you had a fun Christmas break. I'll bet your parents miss having you around.
well it is kinda a long story! Originally I was going to use blurb.com, you download a program and then it uploads your blog into it and then your move things around the way you like it and then print it. But sadly something happened with the codes or something so now blurb.com can't recognize blogger.com codes so it doesn't support blogger anymore. They are currently trying to fix it. SO I researched other places. I found a few but they just aren't really what I want. So I am hoping to just wait it out until Blurb fixes the problem, so we will see. I downloaded blurb's program and I have just been copying and pasting everything in to the templates, it works but it just takes a lot longer! Hopefully I can get everything all figured out eventually! Let me know what you end up doing!
Post a Comment