Sunday, January 25, 2009

School...

School has been going pretty good. I am enjoying my classes. I am taking, Clothing Construction, D&C, Home and Family Management, Hist. Philosophy of Education, Fashion Merchandising, and Intro to Foods. It is nice now that I am getting into just classes for my major; it is a lot of fun. I really like my sewing class right now we are sewing pillowcases. I learned how to thread and sew with a serger which was fun to learn, those things are cool. My foods class is really fun too. It is once a week. First we have a hour of lecture and then for three hours we are with a partner in our own little kitchen area and we cook whatever food corresponds with the subject for that week. So far we have made suckers, fruit pizza and vegetable pie!

Our Fruit Pizza!

It is really fun. For my major Family and Consumer Science Education they have a society that meets once a week. It is really fun because you get together and get to know others in your major and then do something fun or give service. I am excited about it. It is so nice to meet people in my major since I haven't known anyone else who had it, now I know tons of people! For my sewing class we are also going to be sewing pj pants, a button up shirt and a skirt. I am excited to learn how to make those things and also kinda intimidated but it should be good, I love my teacher for that class, she is really good and helpful! Another hard part is finding a way to get the material. Luckily I made a friend who had a car and was willing to take me with her. We made a whole day out of it. On Saturday we went to Idaho Falls for most of the day. We were at JoAnn's for about 2 hours finding everything; we found some really cute material and patterns. Then we went to the mall and a few other stores. It was so much fun. It was kinda funny I was thinking how I have only known this girl for about a week and we are already really comfortable around each other and we just had a good time! I am so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with such wonderful friends up here at BYU-Idaho. So that was my day on Saturday, running around Idaho falls. But now I am ready to sew everything!
The weather on Saturday was really snowy, it snowed all morning but luckily the roads were good! It actually had not snowed for 2 weeks. This winter is a lot better than last winter, which is nice as where it snowed EVERY day last winter! Besides school I have been working, I still work in the STC, and I am so grateful for that job, I love it! LOST season 5 started which was exciting, my friend Nicole and I watched it together premiere night. Everything has been going pretty good and I am excited for the rest of the semester. That's all for now!:)

2 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

I took a food class at BYU. It sounds similar to yours. We had to keep a budget for each meal we made. Jared LOVED the midterm which involved me making a 4 course meal for 6 people! The sewing class will be very useful down the road (maybe not for making clothes but curtains, pillows, etc.). I'm glad this semester is treating you well. Oh, and "Wipeout" is during half time at the Super Bowl on Sunday (I'm recording it to watch on Monday).

chapples8 said...

I'm so glad you're liking your classes and are learning to sew. I'm waiting to see a picture of your cooking partner since her grandparents live in Snowflake. Cool design in your fruit pizza!