Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Monster Truck Nationals!

On April 26th Scott and Spencer came and picked me up at the airport around 4:00p.m., and then we went to the Monster truck Nationals! It was so fun! I have never been to anything like that before in my life and I am very glad I went. Scott, Spencer and McKay had been there since 7:00a.m. that morning watching the boat races, then in the evening just, Scott and Spencer and I went to the monster truck part. Before the monster truck stuff started they had other things to do. Jeep had a test drive course, a simulator that felt like you were doing extreme sports (it didn't feel to extreme though) and a rock climbing wall all for free. First we did the test drive, you got to pick which jeep you wanted to drive and then you got to drive the course, so Scott and I both did that. I had never driven a jeep before so that was a fun new experience, even though you could only go about 3 mph:) haha!


Me, Scott and Spencer in front of the Jeep we drove

After that Scott and Spencer both did the rock climbing wall!


Scott, Spencer and I in front of the Monster Truck Nationals Sign


When Scott went in the morning they had a pit pass so they got to get right by the monster trucks, I thought they got some cool pictures. It also shows just how huge they are when a human stands next to them! McKay looks so cute in the tire!



Some of the Monster Trucks getting ready to start!

Before they started the actual monster truck part they had some other kind of cars, like a jelly belly one that did wheely's the whole time and at the end the driver threw out jelly belly packets into the stands. One of my favorite parts was the jet engine cars! Talk about amazing! I have never seen one of these run before, it is so cool. I did not know what to expect. The announcer kept saying you guys are going to be amazed you don't know what you are about to see, and boy was he right. So here are a few videos I got with my cell phone--so they are not the best quality but you can kinda see what it was like, this does not do it justice:)




This first one is the cars warming up



Second one is them taking off!



Here is a video of one of the monster trucks. The whole thing was great and exciting. It is amazing what those big trucks can do. Thanks for taking me with you Scott and Spencer!

1 comment:

Sarah Chapple said...

how cool

it;s not everyday that you get to go to one of those!!