Monday, May 26, 2008

Fun in the Sun!

After coming home for a few days and finally being able to unpack everything from college, I got to go back up to Kevin and Merica's home in Sauharita to spend a week with them starting on May 13th. We had a lot of fun and were able to do some fun things! Kevin got tickets for him and Merica to go watch Cats the Broadway play, so I watched the girls while they did that. Their ward planned a family camp-out so, we headed up to Camp Zion on Friday afternoon and set up camp. I hadn't been camping for awhile so it was fun. It is always great to be outdoors and sit around a camp fire, well for a few days anyways:) Then the next morning everyone packed up and left. It was a very short camping trip. After we finished packing up we went to Mt. Lemmon which was just a few miles up the road and went to the ski place there and rode on the ski lift. It was so beautiful and a fun ride. I rode up and down with Savannah. After that we stopped for some ice cream and drove home. Everyone was so exhausted from not sleeping really good camping and the sun drained us. So for the rest of the night everyone just relaxed and slept. A few nights Kevin, Merica and I played rummikub which was fun. Merica helped out at the girls schools with the end of the year activities on a few of the days, so I tagged along with that and helped watch the kids. Kevin and Merica were both preparing for a triathlon while I was there so on one of the mornings Merica asked me if I wanted to go on a bike ride with her so I did. I had not ridden a bike in forever so it was pretty fun. She pulled Eliza and Lincoln in the bike carrier and then I followed behind her. We rode to Fry's, got some lunch, went to a near by park to eat it and then rode home. It was only about 4 miles round trip, so not to bad but I was still exhausted esp. on the way there since it was mostly all up hill. The way back was great though:)
---
(Kevin and Merica actually did their triathlon today 5-26-08 and both did a great job and finished in just over 2 hours! I don't know if I could do it, Good job Kevin and Merica!!!)
---
It was good week and it was great to spend time with their family and get to know their kids better esp. Lincoln since he is getting more mobile, he is so cute and such a fun baby! I had fun taking the girls swimming and just hanging out.



The night I watched the kids while they went to Cats; I was emptying the dishwasher and when I turned around Lincoln had climbed right on in, I thought he looked so cute!

Brittany at her field day

On the way up to where we went camping there are many scenic view points where you can park, take pictures and hike around. So we stopped at two of them to take some pictures and walk around. It was so beautiful being up in the mountains. It was also fun watching the landscape go from tons of cactus to pine trees as we got higher into the mountains!

Eliza, Merica and Lincoln walking around. Lincoln loved it, he would laugh every time Merica would jump from one rock to the next!

Me, Lincoln, Eliza, Savannah and Brittany! While the girls were climbing around they kept saying, "I am on top of the world!" It did kind of feel like it, since you could see the whole city of Tucson below us!

Here is a slideshow of pictures from Camping and the Ski lift ride!

5 comments:

Sarah Chapple said...

lincoln is so cute

did you see my blog, ashley?

Sarah

chapples8 said...

Liked your update. Glad you are home now for the summer. Love ya, Mom

Stephanie Johnson said...

wow, the views were beautiful. I'm glad that everything worked out to visit K&M. Can't wait to see you again in July.

Courtney said...

Those pictures are too cute! And I am so jealous you got to go camping!!! I love camping! We should go when you get back up here in the fall!

Michelle said...

Oh, those pictures make me SOOOOO homesick! I would give anything to move back to Tucson--I am a total desert rat!
What a fun post. Sounds like you've had an amazing trip. I am so impressed with K&M doing a triathlon! Wow!