On the 18th for my Natural disatsters class we had to go on a field trip. We visited many sites where earthquakes and other disasters had happened. We went to the Teton dam that broke and flooded many towns including Rexburg. We even went up into Montana to West Yellowstone to go to Big Springs.

Here is my class standing on a fault scarp in results from the Hebgen Lake earthquake. I am at the top on the very right. When this earthquake happened there were people camping right here when the ground moved.

We went to Mesa falls. It is only about 45 minutes from Rexburg, it is so beautiful there and you can get right my the waterfall.

Big Springs in West Yellowstone, The water is so clear and beautiful there, there were also HUGE fish swimming around.


Pretty Mountians

Here is the one of the sites of the results of the earthquakes from the Hebgen Lake Montana Earthquake in 1959


Hebgen Lake Montana

Another scarp on the mountain near the bottom, exciting huh:)
Overall the field trip was pretty fun, it was interesting to go to the actual places and then hear personal stories of people who experienced it.
4 comments:
Hey, I like your new header! What a fun trip, very interesting to see those places. We have got to go to Mesa Falls next time we're up there.
That sounds like fun! I LOVE THE NEW BLOG LOOK! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! ;)
Chantelle
I like your new header too! Quite the action shot. I enjoyed seeing all the pictures you took--very interesting. I esp. liked the picture of Mesa Falls 'cause I've heard about it but have never seen them.
What a cool class!
Post a Comment