Sunday, October 26, 2008

Emily and Nicole's Visit!

Last weekend Emily and Nicole had the opportunity to come and visit me in Rexburg for a few days. It was so fun. They came Thursday afternoon after I got off work. We went to Wingers for Dinner. It was actually my first time to eat there, it was pretty tasty and fun. We tried their asphalt pie, which I am now a fan of:) Then we walked around campus and Nicole reminisced of her BYU-Idaho days, so funny! I wanted to show them the new bookstore but it was already closed except for the little convenience store area, so we bought some matching socks there and then took a fun picture with them on. Later that night we watched "Wild hearts can't be broken" it is one of my favorite movies. It has become a tradition to watch it together, along with "Girls just want to have fun". We finally made it to bed around 1:30a.m. I did have two morning classes but since I knew I was all caught up and we were just reviewing stuff I decided I could miss one day, although I did have an English class later that day which I went to because I did not feel like I could miss that class. We took our time getting ready on Friday and then we went to Hogi Yogi for Lunch. One of Nicole's friends, Kelly met us there. The Hogi Yogi here is a dome building so the top area they have it all painted like Paris and there are love sacs and cute little tables everywhere. So it was fun to eat up there and of course we had to take pictures by the Eiffel tower!:) I went to my class for an hour and then we went to Porters and looked around, they have so many fun crafts that I want to do, someday! After that we headed to the gardens and took some fun pictures. We had homemade pizza at Kelly's which was delicious. Nicole stayed the night a Kelly's the second night and Emily stayed both nights with me. Emily and I went and watched "Forever Strong" that night. It was sooo good! We loved it. It just leaves you feeling good, I never realized how intense Rugby was! Before the movie I got some Sub Zero ice cream because I wanted to try it. It was fun to watch them make it. They just put some cream in a bowl, the flavor and add ins you want. Then they freeze it with nitrogen right in front of your eyes it is really crazy. It was tasty too. You could tell it was more creamy than most ice cream, I enjoyed it. On Saturday I had to go on a field trip for my geology natural disasters class. So, I was not able to spend the morning and afternoon with them. When I got back Rachel, Julie and her friend met us in Rexburg and we went to dinner at New Fongs and then headed to the Straw Maze.
Some Pictures,

Ashley ~ Emily ~ Nicole
Our new socks

Nicole and I in front of the Taylor Building on Campus

Some highlights of the weekend...
Emily Nicole and I in Paris...I wish!

Nicole Emily and I

Just hangin around:) haha

Nicole and Kelly

Nicole, Emily, Kelly and I

Here are some cool pictures I got while in the Gardens, I really love the slug one, I realized afterwords that it even has a little bug on it's back.

This is for Jeanie:) I know how much she loves jumping pictures and I decided I really like them too!

We went to the Straw maze here in Rexburg. It took us like 45 minutes to find our way out and that was with help. Rachel invited her friend Billy to come along also. It was supposed to be haunted but it wasn't even scary. You only see a few random people with masks on but we had a good time and I have never done a maze like that before, it is hard! We went and got ice cream at Dairy Queen afterwords and then we went to Shelley to spend the night at the West's house. We went to church with Rachel to the singles ward there. Aunt Nora cooked us a nice dinner, then we played a game of uno attack and it was already time to leave.

One of the pathways in the maze

Everyone being scared before we went inside

Rachel showing off her cool hat

It was great to spend some time with Emily, Nicole, Rachel and Julie. Thanks for Coming!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun post, Ashley! How did you do that collage of pictures with the hogi yogi and forever strong, etc.?
So fun to see my cousins hanging out together in ID.
Looks like you had an awesome time!

chapples8 said...

I'm so glad you cousins get together whenever you can. Cousins are great! What a fun weekend you had! I love all of the cool pictures of the fun things you did together.

Maria said...

What a fun weekend! Sounds like you hit all the great ice cream spots! I have yet to find a DQ here. :( Do you know if Nicole's friend Kelly is a Malloy? Random I know but she looks JUST LIKE their family.

Ashley said...

Michelle, I just used elements and just put all the pictures on a blank file and then put borders on them.
Maria, I don't know her last name, you would have to ask Nicole but she is from California

Amy said...

How fun!!! I love the movie Wild hearts can't be broken!

jeaniebug said...

YAY JUMPING! I AM IN LOVE WITH IT!

Stephanie Johnson said...

Wow, awesome pictures! Purple is a great color on you, Ashley. I love the nature picts too. I put some of the flower & dandilion picts that you took on my free Snapfish book. Cousins are so much fun -- I'm glad they got to visit you!