This past weekend was exciting because I finally got to see my best friend Katie who I haven't seen since Christmas, because she lives in Flagstaff now! She drove up here on Saturday afternoon after work and had to go back Sunday afternoon. We were still able to do some fun things though! When she first got here our friend Megan had a BBQ outside. The weather was so nice and the company was good too! After that Katie and I went to Sonic to get their 99 cent shakes...and of course we had to take pictures, probably one of Katie and I's favorite past times besides talking! Then we headed to Katie's house where a few people came over and we talked for awhile.


The main reason Katie came was because Wacey had his "talk" in church before he goes into the MTC in England (so cool huh!). He is going to Ireland. He did a very good job on his talk and he even sang a musical number which was excellent! Afterwards he had a luncheon, but it still wasn't for another hour till after we got out so we went to Katie's house for a little while with Brian, Matt and Jeanie who I met at Wacey's talk, she was his friend at ASU and she is from Show low, so that was fun! The food was great and it was fun to talk, Brian and Matt had us laughing the whole time!

Megan and Rachel at the luncheon

Me, Wacey, Katie, Brian and Matt

Me, Wacey and Katie

Jeanie, Wacey, Katie, Brian and Matt

So Matt took my camera and said he wanted to take some professional pictures- that wasn't the word he used but it was something like that. So he took a few from weird angles and this one actually kinda turned out cool! haha!
Right after this I had to say goodbye to Katie and then My parents and I headed over to Douglas's "talk" in church, he is going to Costa Rica and enters the MTC July 2nd. He also did a great job on his talk and even gave his testimony in Spanish...impressive! At seven that night my parents and I went to his setting apart. It was good to be with him and the rest of the family before he left. I have been thinking about it and it seems like on average I go to about one farewell about every two weeks! It is so crazy seeing everyone leaving!

Here are some of the cousins!
Dustin, Felicia, Douglas, Me, Joseph, Sarah and Chantelle

So there were about 5 camera's taking pictures and it was a little overwhelming as you can tell. Douglas and Felicia are my favorite in this picture!:)

awww...one last group hug! See ya in two years Douglas!
2 comments:
He actually sang a musical number? I thought Hal was joking about that.
We look awesome!;)
Chantelle
How fun! I LOVED seeing the ones of my baby brother and the cousins. I was so sad to miss his "talk" and the setting apart--he's the first missionary in our family that I've missed those events. Thanks for helping me feel a part of it with your descriptions and pictures! It sounds like an interesting time of life for you, with so many friends leaving on missions, etc.
Post a Comment