Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lightning and flowers!

The other night there was an awesome thunder and lightning storm! I love the monsoon season here in Arizona...as long as I am not driving in it (which I had to a few times last summer on my way home from work) It is so fun to just sit on the porch and watch it pouring rain. I have never tried to take pictures of lightning but I decided to try it and after about 130 pictures, deleting them all (on accident) and then finding a free program online to retrieve them this was the one good picture I got. I am very proud of it though, hopefully I can get some even better ones in future storms.




It is amazing how bright the lightning makes everything for a split second. It looks like day time in this picture but it is really dark outside.

Another thing I love are the flowers in the summertime! We have a lot of tiger lilly's, roses and geraniums. They are so fun to watch bloom every year.



5 comments:

chapples8 said...

I love this time of year too when all of our flowers bloom. I really like the picture you took of our new flag with the roses.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Ashley - beautiful pictures! I especially love the lighting and closeup tiger lily picts. I think you should print and frame them! :) See ya in 1.5 weeks -- can't wait!!!!!

Chantelle and Fam said...

It looked like one huge lightning hit us during the storm. We even heard a buzzing and orange glow. Pretty crazy huh?

I love the flowers! They're gorgeous!
Chantelle

Michelle said...

Awesome! Thanks for posting those. They bring back fun memories of the monsoon storms in Tucson. I used to go to bed with my curtains open so that I could keep watching the lightning. :) Love the lilies, too. I want to plant some of those soon. . . . .

Amy said...

Great pics!