Brittany and I in the back seat on the way to the Parade!
This past weekend we had fun celebrating the 4th of July. Merica and her girls were at our house all week, so Kevin drove down after work on Thursday and was able to spend the weekend with us. Scott also came down since his family is at Heathers Mom's for a few weeks. On Friday morning we went to the Show Low parade. It was pretty fun and we had good seats. The kids loved it, they threw out so many things besides candy!
After the parade we went to the SL stake center and had lunch on the lawn in the shade. It felt so good outside and it was fun to be with some of the cousins and enjoy a yummy lunch.
So the last picture is of the ring I go at one of the booths in SL. This ring was originally $15 so I looked at them and I really wanted one but then we moved on. As we headed back through I stopped and looked at them again and decided to go for it...but I only had $9 so I asked Merica if I could borrow some money. She said that was fine, but to see if they would give it to me for $9. So I picked the ring that fit me, wrote down my name and the guy made it. It was so cool to watch him make it. Then when it was time to pay him I was so nervous to tell him I only had $9. He kind of hesitated but then just took the money. I mean I guess he couldn't really tell me no since he already made it! I was so excited, and I love the ring it is so fun! I still feel kind of bad, I feel like I cheated him, but Kevin assured me that he probably only paid like 50 cents for the ring. After looking around at the booths we went home and had a yummy BBQ. Then Kevin had some fun ground fireworks he got in Utah so we had a good time doing those in the back yard. We also enjoyed playing with the sparklers! So fun, I love this time of year.
Savannah, Brittany, Eliza, Me, and Merica showing off our moves...hahaha ( you can see all the spots on the cement where we did the fireworks)!
The rodeo was pretty good, sadly though no one rode the bull's for 8 seconds so that part was kind of a bummer, and the bull's were so stubborn it took like 5 minutes just to get some of them back in their pin! Maybe next time!
To top off a good night we got to
enjoy the fireworks right after the
rodeo ended!






4 comments:
Hey! Your pretty good! Normally people don't spell my name right! :)
Chantelle
Ashley what a great update. I sure enjoyed my time in Snowflake. Going to the parade and rodeo with everyone was a lot of fun. Lots of fun memories with family. Your Bro
I am so jealous of your ring!! My friend showed me hers and I want one!!
What a fun weekend. My parents said they had a good time at the parade as well. It was fun seeing pics of Kevin/Merica's family and Scott. I miss seeing all of you. Lashelle
Post a Comment