Saturday, May 16, 2009

a few projects...

Here are a few of my final projects that I did near the end of school. Below is the button up collar shirt that I made in Sewing. It was the hardest thing I have ever sewed. I spent a lot of hours on it. The sleeves alone took me like 4 hours. It was very frustrating at times and I was happy when I finally finished it. It turned out pretty good but I don't like the way it fits me at all, it is too big, so I don't think I will be wearing it. But I sure did learn a lot from making it!


This is the skirt I made as my last project. I was happy with the way it turned out and I plan to actually wear it! Here is the first pie I have ever made with homemade crust! It is a lot of work. I never realized how particular you have to be in making the crust. It was fun to learn, I just wished I liked pie. I tried a little slice and it was pretty good. My roommates helped me eat the rest.

2 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

I do like the skirt -- very cute. And I'll have to agree with you about the shirt. It's hard making fitted clothing. I'm not a big fan of pies either; I learned how to make crust and decided that I like store-bought crust just fine! :) It's a lot less work!

I'm wondering if you will post about coming to my house before or after me (since we're both playing "catch-up"). :)

Melanie said...

I like the skirt, also. It is great that you have used your sewing skills to fix your friends jacket---way to go! The pie looks great! Lon would have loved to help you eat it, I am with you & Stephanie on preferring other desserts. Can't wait for your update on your trip to Texas!