On August 16th and 17th I got to go visit my Best Friend Katie in Flagstaff where she is going to college and has been working at the hospital there this summer. Her Mom and sisters were going down there for a "hike to conquer Cancer" thing. So, I got a ride with them. I love her family so it was great. We left at 5:30a.m. on Saturday morning. It takes about an hour and a half to get there, so we got there at like seven. They dropped me off at Katie's and then left. Katie's new roommate was moving in that day so she cleaned the place up a little then at about 9 Brigham (Katie's boyfriend) invited us to go eat breakfast we him and his parents. We ate at "Mike and Ronda's" It is a place that serves breakfast all day, and it was so yummy! We went back to Katie's after that. We then tried to figure out how to arrange everything so that you could fit two beds...that was intersting, but with Brigham's help we did it! Then her roommate Emma showed up and moved in. She seems really nice and I think they will have a good time being roommates! Katie's mom and her sisters got back from the hike and then we got ready to go to Slide rock near Sedona, AZ. So, we headed down there, and sadly it was PACKED! There were people camping everywhere and cars were parked all along the roads and there was about a mile long line to get into slide rock plus lots of people were parking and walking to it. Everytime I go to slide rock it is either closed or now this time it was so busy. Maybe next time, it looks like such a fun place! So, we went down the road a little further to Grasshopper point where there was a palce to swim, but of course that was full too so we went downstream a little and just kinda walked around in the water! It was fun and really pretty, but not what we planned! We decided to head back so we could go Shopping!!! At about 5:00p.m. we went and ate at Red Lobster which was good! Then we headed to the Mall! It was so fun. We Spent at least 2 good hours shopping maybe a little more! Katie and I had so much fun in each store and we got some awesome deals! Like at Payless we each got a pair of shoes for eight dollars and a 2 $ belt then with the bogo deal we ended up getting the belt for a dollar! It was really funny to because every store we went to Katie and I got the same things! haha it was so great! It works nice like at American Eagle it was buy one get 50 % off on jeans and t-shirts plus the jeans were already 15$ off, so we just split everything and got it way cheaper! It was so nice to shop with my best friend again! We stayed up late talking which was fun. I miss the days in High school when the two of us would talk all the time and spent like 75% of our day together! Now I hardly ever get too, I guess those days are past. I have missed not having her here this summer! I am glad I got to go and see her for a day. Thanks for everything Katie! Love you and miss you!
And of course what would be a day with Katie without lots of pictures:

Katie and I on our way to Slide rock!


Me, Katie and Brigham

These pictures are at Grasshopper point! It was so pretty there.

Sitting on the rocks


Muscle women! haha!

Everyone at Red Lobster (I was taking the picture)
Kaylin, Katie, Brigham, Katie's Mom and Ashleigh
Both of Katie's sisters and her Mom got the Ultimate feast which had tons of seafood! There plates were huge, it was so crazy...and they had lots of leftovers:) lol!

Here are the matching shoes we got a Payless!

All of our clothes...ahh, what a great day, yummy food, friends, being outdoors, and shopping!
3 comments:
you two are so cute! looks like you had a blast! ahh, i love katie and miss her! i have not seen her in forever! if you talk to her again some time soon tell her i said hi! :)
It sounds like a fun trip! I love the B/W with colored shoe picture. And it looks like you have a good amount of clothes & shoes now! :) BYU-I - here comes Ashley!
Hey! I actually know someone from your blog! Ashleigh's my age. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I hope you love college as this year as much as last. :)
Chantelle
Post a Comment