Sunday, August 17, 2008

Full House

We had one day between our Chapple Reunion (which I will hopefully be posting soon, just need to round up at few more pictures for it) and McCleve Reunion. Each of My brothers and sisters and their families stayed at our house. So, We had 37 people and 23 of them were Teenagers/kids! It was pretty crazy. That day most of the adults went and ate lunch at our Great Aunt Vi's house. So, I had the kids. My parents were home but they were busy with my Dad's brother and his wife since they stopped by after the reunion. None of the babies were there either so there were 19 kids to watch. Tyler who is now 15 was a great helper and made it a lot easier for me:)

Sarah and Tiffany playing DDR!

Our Basement was well used!


Josh and Megan playing Playstation


As you can tell the little kids LOVED Tyler. He is the one in the orange shirt...you can kinda see him:) After playing with them for about a hour or more he finally had to hide so he could take a breather. They were all over him...literally!

Since there were so many clothes to wash in between the reunions and only one washer and dryer at our house, some of us went to the new laundry mat in Snowflake to wash clothes. Lincoln had fun!

Olivia and I


We Had fun playing games. Kevin, Merica, Ryan and Jared all played Settlers of Catan. Then the rest of us played spoons or should I say "spoonalicious" haha. Usually you play so that if you are the one who doesn't get the spoon then you get a letter so when you spell "spoons" then you are out. But we didn't want to stop so we kept making up really big words with the word spoon in it somewhere. It was funny!


Enlarge this picture and then start at the top and go from l to r. It is funny to watch as each person takes a spoon and then who is left without one!

Stephanie looks shocked that no one left her a spoon! It was there 1 second ago!

whoo--what a day/week!

5 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

Haha - loved your post! I was actually shocked to see that I was the one in the picture to not get a spoon (that was a rare occurance). I miss our nightly game of spoons -- it was a blast! Thanks for watching my kids too. You rock! Oh and can you mail me a complilation of the pictures that were taken while I was there? Pretty please???

chapples8 said...

Great blog--I hadn't seen any of the pictures you have in it. It was a full house but very fun!

Melanie said...

Oh, what fun times we had! The Egbert Bunch loved staying longer than normal to enjoy Grandpa, Grandma & Aunt Ashley. We all really loved the go-carts & endless arcades! Thanks for all of the fun!

jeaniebug said...

ah i love spoons!! So much fun!

Chantelle and Fam said...

I remember playing DDR with you guys (well, mostly just you and Ryan...a REALLY long time ago, I think it might have been about a year or two before Melinda got married). That sounds like fun playing spoons! :)
Chantelle