Thursday, January 6, 2011

BYU-Idaho Center Dedication

On December 17, 2010 the BYU-Idaho Center and the Manwaring Student Center were dedicated. Sarah and I were able to go together! It was a good experience. The building is absolutely beautiful inside. It was designed to look like the conference center but smaller. It can hold 15,000 people. So now all of BYU-Idaho can meet in one place, it will be awesome! The dedication was beautiful. The choir and orchestra did an excellent job and there were great speakers. President Clark spoke, as well as Elder Bednar, President Eyring and Elder Nelson all spoke. Click here for an article about the dedication.


This is what is looks like on the inside

Sarah and I waiting for it to start

Looking through the huge windows, you can see campus and the Rexburg Temple on the hill.

There are also 10 basketball courts inside with a track up top circling them, that is where I took the picture from.

This is part of the addition to the Manwaring Center. It is a skywalk that connects it to the Library! It will be so nice in the winter!

After the dedication Sarah and I decided to eat some lunch in the Crossroads. It was delicious. It has been so fun having Sarah up here. We have gotten to do lots of fun things together.

5 comments:

chapples8 said...

I'm excited to see the new building (s)when we're up for graduation. You got some great "shots" of it.

Chapples said...

wow that's awesome! Fun BYU-Provo and Idaho have new buildings this year! That food looks yummy.

Stephanie Johnson said...

That building totally looks like the conference center. It's so nice! When is your graduation? I'm suddenly tempted to come! :)

Ashley said...

My graduation is April 8th & 9th! You should come:)

Sharon Beck said...

The BYU-Idaho Center looks amazing. I'd like to see it. The last picture on this entry looks like you have a black graduation cap on.