Wednesday, September 2, 2009

work and projects...

This summer has gone by so fast, I am leaving in two days to head back up to school. I am excited! Here are some pictures of some projects I did this summer. I was able to work at Home Depot in the flooring department. I learned a ton about flooring and enjoyed the job for the most part. I was just glad that I was able to find one! Here I am in my awesome orange apron:

When I was not working I was able to do some fun projects this summer. I made an adjustable apron that I am excited to use!My mom and I made lots of cards with her cuddle bug:

About a week ago the single's branch had a little enrichment and we learned how to bottle bread. I did not even know you could do it. It was really fun and easy. We bottled zucchini and then just regular white bread. All you do is make the recipe the same way you always would. Spray the bottle with cooking spray, then pour it into the bottle about 2/3 full and let it cook in the oven. have the lids boiling on the stove the whole time that you are cooking, then as soon as they come out cut of extra bread if needed then immediately put the lids on, screw them on tight and then they will seal themselves. It is supposed to stay good for one year! It is also best if you use a widemouthed jars so that you can just cut the bread and it will come out easy when it is ready to be eaten. Pretty cool!

5 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

Now that is a LOT of cards! And they're all super cute. I've never heard of bottled bread. I think I'll stick with my homemade normal loaf. :) I made 2 loafs of bread yesterday and added a little extra honey and they are sooooo yummy. Love ya!

Melanie said...

I have enjoyed all of your blog updates! I like your apron (the one you made, that is)! And, the cards are adorable. I am going to have to try bottled bread sometime---it would be a real treat if our family were living off of food storage w/o a way to bake bread!

Maria said...

Wow, bottling bread huh? Never heard of it. I wonder if it tastes fresh. Glad you were able to be crafty this summer!
BTW: were you able to finish your blog book?

Ashley said...

Maria, no I was not able to finish my blog book:(, but I will someday, hopefully sooner than later! I will let you know when I do!

Sharon Beck said...

I want the instructions of how to make the bottled bread, Ashley. Your cards turned out so good. I, too, enjoyed all your updates!