Near the end of April we headed up to Texas to visit Stephanie, and her family and attended Dallin's baptism. For the first night we stayed in Moriarty, NM. (You can click on the collages to see them bigger)
Some pictures from our hotel, a "Texas" rest stop and one of the Allen Water towers.
Some pictures from our hotel, a "Texas" rest stop and one of the Allen Water towers.The next morning we headed out on the long drive. It seemed like it took forever but we got to Allen around 7 that night I think. It was our first time to see their new house that they moved into almost a year ago. It is a very beautiful home. After we pulled up to their house everyone came out. The only one missing was Dallin, then a few minutes later he came out with his silly glasses with the fake nose on them. He is so funny!
We enjoyed lots of fun activity's while we were there. One of the days my dad was able to watch Lance and Alexa while me, Stephanie and my mom went shopping. We went to Target, and Micheal's, then we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. The best part of the lunch was when we were getting ready to leave and Stephanie went to go use the restroom and left us her lemonade so she could refill it when she got back, she warned us a few times to be sure NOT to throw it away as we were clearing the table. Well to her surprise while she was gone I was sneaky and hid it on my lap under the table. I only wish I could have recorded her face when she saw that we had "disposed" of her cup. Then my mom said something to the affect of, "oh you told us not to throw it away, sorry." We got quite a reaction out of Stephanie. We laughed about it for along time! So fun! She was relieved when she saw we were just kidding and, I was glad that we didn't accidentally throw it away too!My mom was able to give Lance a haircut which turned out so cute! Lance is so cute and always up to something. While Stephanie and I were busy making bread my dad was supposed to be watching him but when we found Lance he had torn apart their food storage area. You can tell by his face in the picture that he knew he did something wrong! haha!
Stephanie recently got a nice new sewing machine and we were able to use it to work on a project she has been wanting to do. We sewed and tied a nice throw blanket for their family. It turned out really good. Stephanie and I had fun taking some silly pictures that made it look like we had big head pieces on.
They recently got a Wii for Jared's birthday in March and we had fun playing it! We played lots of Mario kart and bowling! I even got the highest score on their Wii bowling! Have you been able to beat it yet Jared??:)For dinner on one of the nights I made homemade bread sticks and homemade Alfredo sauce with chicken. I had never had homemade Alfredo sauce, and now I don't think I can ever have the stuff from a jar again! It was so delicious!
Alexa has a great talent of being able to stand on her head, without hands!! She is such a fun sweet girl.
One of the highlights of the week was being able to go to Six flags over Texas in Arlington. Dallin had school that day and went to a friends house after school and Alexa stayed with a friend so all we had was Lance and he was such a good boy. My mom was nice enough to watch him for Stephanie and Jared since she doesn't really like roller coasters at all. we had so much fun going on all of the roller coaster and the best part was that there were no lines what so ever! It was amazing, and the weather was pretty good too. It was awesome being able to stay on the ride and just ride it over and over again. The one that we rode the most was Mr. Freeze, Stephanie Jared my dad and I rode it together 3 times then Stephanie and I decided to keep going and ended up doing it 7 times in a row. It can sure give you a quick headache though since it goes from 0 to 70 mph in less than 4 seconds. When you take off you do the whole ride forward and then you do it all backwards. We even got to ride in the front one of the times. There were a few sets of people who were on there 20th time riding it and trying to make a record. I don't think I could have handled that many times! When we were getting ready to leave for the day there were geese in the parking lot so we started to feed them. Jared found some hot Cheetos to feed them and they ate them up like candy, then they started hissing at us and honking! It was so funny!
It was an awesome Six Flags Day!
On Sunday we enjoyed a nice walk around their neighborhood and to a lake they have near their house.
On Monday we headed back home. We drove to Amarillo and stayed the night there. At the continental breakfast the next morning they had the things for you to make your own waffles, and not just ordinary waffles but TEXAS shaped waffles. What a great way to end our last day in Texas. It was so much fun and we all had a great time with the Johnson Family!
A few other things we enjoyed:
~Dallin's magic show
~Playing games
~Watching The Amazing Race
~Relaxing
~Yummy food
~Good Company!
Thanks for a good time Stephanie, Jared, Dallin, Alexa and Lance!
3 comments:
What a GREAT post! I loved all of the collages. The picture of Dad with the huge steak was funny. You remembered everything from the trip so well. Thanks for coming and for all of the good times. It was a blast having you, Mom & Dad here! Love ya!
Sound like it was a great trip! I love all of the great pictures. And, I love the joke you played on Stephanie. I can just imagine how she reacted---funny!
So fun to "relive" the wonderful trip with all you wrote and the pictures. The best part of the joke we played on Stephanie (except her reaction at first) was Stephanie being such a good sport and laughing with us. I laughed again when I read what you wrote. So funny!
Post a Comment