Yay mud! It is fun to play with mud with you can just jump in the water and it all washes off!Sunday, June 15, 2008
These are the days
So as of last Monday, I have finally officially started work for the summer! For those of you who don't know I am working at the Catalyst Paper Mill in Snowflake as a summer student. I work in the Engineering department. It is a pretty good job, mostly I type all day and then do other random things that they need done. It is also nice because there are about 10 other summer students out there also, so some of us carpool together so that makes it nice since it is about a 20 mile drive! The first week went really good though. Since I was doing this same job last summer I pretty much just jumped right back to where I was as if I never left so that is kinda nice. After work each day I also usually have something to go to. On Monday I went to FHE with the singles and then after I went to a friends house and watched a movie. Then on Thursday night we had a bonfire and went swimming in the creek at the Taylor dam. We didn't even leave to go out there till 7:00pm so I didn't take a swim suit because I thought no one would swim but I sure was wrong! About half of the people there swam and braved the cold. It was fun eating food, talking by the fire, and watching everyone swim, I wish I would have brought my swim suit after I saw everyone get in. So we planned to do the same thing the next day expect we just swam. The water felt so good and it was such a nice day. We had fun jumping in, playing games in the water and playing with mud! Later that night my friend who is getting married in July had a sleepover. It was a little one there were only 4 girls there including me, but it was fun to talk and catch up since I hadn't seen her since graduation. On Saturday night my friend Megan came over since she was home for the weekend from Flagstaff. Then on Sunday my friend Hal gave his talk in church since he will be entering the MTC on Wednesday. He is going to the Argentina Buenos Aries South Mission. He gave a great talk, he is such a funny kid and it will be sad not to have him here this summer. Afterwards he had a BBQ at his house. The food was so yummy and it was fun to be with him and our friends before he leaves. Here are a few pictures! Sadly, I only got picture while at the creek.
Yay mud! It is fun to play with mud with you can just jump in the water and it all washes off!
Yay mud! It is fun to play with mud with you can just jump in the water and it all washes off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm glad you have so many friends to hang out with this summer! The mud picture is awesome -- can't say that I've ever done that before.
You are lucky you have so many friends to do things with. Ashley, you are always so postive and I love reading your blog.
Hey ash! sound like you are having tons of fun in snowflake! i love to read your blog and hear the news and see pictures of everyone. tell everybody hi for me and i love you all!
That sounds like SO much fun! Don't you just love mud sometimes? Chantelle
Wow Ash, sounds like you are having way more fun than I am here at school! I'm so jealous! Can't wait for the fall so we can play!
Post a Comment