Saturday, February 7, 2009

Foods class: Soup of the day...Taco Soup!

This last week in foods class the section we went over was soups and stocks, so we made soups! It was really fun. there are about 12 different groups and 6 different soups that we made. My partner Jess and I decided we wanted to do taco soup. It was a little different recipe than I have made before but it was still really yummy. The other soups were, Potato, Chicken noodle (with homemade noodles!), Autumn, Hamburger vegetable, and cheesy Vegetable soup. They were all pretty good. I am getting lots of goods recipes from this class which is nice, I have a whole book full of them! When everyone is done cooking we set it out so everyone can come around and try them. So you are full by the time you leave class, it is a lot of fun, I love this class!

Everyone working hard in class!

Our yummy Taco Soup

Here is my Lab partner Jess. She is actually Maylene and Lowry Flake's (I think that is their names) Grandaughter, so she has been to Snowflake before, which is fun. She is from Florida!

me cooking:)

1 comment:

Stephanie Johnson said...

Oh, I love soups! My new favorite is a creamy tomato basil soup that I started making. Yummy!