Sunday, March 9, 2008

Weekend in Wendell!

This last weekend was a pretty happening weekend. On Friday afternoon I got a ride from the ride board to take me to Wendell to visit the Egbert's since Melanie is supposed to have her baby any day now, and my Mom is there to help her. So, I was hoping to see a new baby over the weekend, but no such luck. That's ok though because I still had a lot of fun being with my Mom, Melanie, Lon, Tyler, Josh, Tiffany, Lindsey and Justin.


Me, Mom & Melanie


Mom and I playing on our computers:)


After I got there Friday Night they surprised me with a little birthday party. They made me brownies and had balloons all set up...it was fun! The brownies and ice cream was so yummy:)



"DON'T EAT PETE"!!!!!!!!!!!- On Saturday night we played Don't eat pete, for those of you who don't know what it is. How you play is you get a variety of little candies and then arrange them on the table. One person then leaves the room while everyone else decides which one is "Pete" then the person comes back in and starts eliminating the candy in hopes to not find pete. So, if you are lucky enough to not pick pete then you get the candy that you picked until you touch pete then everyone yells, "DON'T EAT PETE"!! The game stops there and it is the next persons turn. As for me my first time playing it the first candy bar I touched was pete so I got nothing. Luckily they let me go again and I got all of them! WHOO... it is a fun game!

We played accumulation quite a few times, we had some pretty good accumulations going until Melanie would always ruin them (haha JK Melanie:)) On one of my Mom's rolls she rolled 5 1's all at once and for all of you who know the game accumulation that is 3,000 points in one roll and that like never happens. So we had to take a picture, as you can tell my Mom was pretty excited, we all were actually:)


Justin is always entertaining us all. He is the cutest little kid.

Justin trying to be like his Mom.

He is not sure what thinks about not being the baby of the family anymore in a couple days!

My Mom got a new camera so I was having fun taking pictures with it

Silly face time!

This video is of Justin and Tyler Wrestling. Justin is going to be quite the wrestler when he gets older, he can already do some pretty sweet moves.


Lindsey and Tiffany Looking cute


So, my Mom was taking pictures of each of them in suits for her future missionary magnets on our fridge at home. Then Tyler thought it would be funny to put the sunglasses on. So they all did it. Then I took each of their pictures and photoshopped it! It thought it turned out pretty good! Silly boys



Well, those are just a few highlights of the weekend! It was lots of fun. I was hoping to go back again this weekend since the baby should be coming for sure, but I don't think my ride is going to work out and it started snowing AGAIN!! :)







7 comments:

Tricia said...

Fun pictures Ashley- The Egberts are always so fun to be around.

chapples8 said...

Loved your update Ashley! Good job doing the future missionary picture with the cool guys in it. We loved the weekend too, glad you were able to come. Love, Mom & Melanie & Egbert clan

Courtney said...

haha how cute!!! Looks like you had a ton of fun! <3

Courtney said...

ok...so the heart thing doens't wok on blog comments I guess...lol

Chantelle and Fam said...

Happy Birthday! I wish I had that much fun on weekends. I'm too busy with homework still. Chantelle

Stephanie Johnson said...

Loved the update. I sure wish I could've been there! I love what you did in Elements. BTW, for the bottom of the suit, you can "rubber stamp" Tyler's suit. You did a great job outlining them. I'm impressed!

Becky said...

Great pictures, Ashley. I love the look of your blog. Sounds like you're having a blast in Idaho.